The Orchard wants to help you get closer to God. Here are some resources that might assist you in your journey.
Sermon CD’s and Tapes
CD’s and Tapes are available at our Information Booth for recent Sunday Sermons. For these and past sermons, downloads are also available on our website. One of our most popular sermon series “Life Reconstruction….One Thought at a Time is now available for download.
- The Holy Bible.
- The Bible is God’s Word to us, written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. Inspired by God, it is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living, without any mixture of error. The Bible is your first source for God’s love, grace, hope and instruction for your life and His purpose for you.
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren.
- “What on earth am I here for?” “What is my purpose?” Real meaning and significance comes from understanding and fulfilling God’s plan for us on earth. By first understanding God’s plan for our lives, we can then see what life is all about and begin to live the life God had in mind for us.
- More Than A Carpenter by Josh McDowell.
- The author reveals how he searched for meaning, truth, and relevance and how he found the answers in Jesus Christ.
- The Sacred Romance by Brent Curtis & John Eldredge
- The God who saves is also a God who woos His own to a relationship primarily of the heart. Eldredge and Curtis identify the lies offered by “false loves” and instruct us on the journey back to the Lover of our souls. In carefully crafted words and images, the authors entice the reader to his or her own journey of the heart, promising, “It is possible to recover the lost life of our heart and with it the intimacy, beauty, and adventure of life with God.
- The Journey of Desire by John Eldredge
- John Eldridge writes, “We all share the same dilemma – we long for life and we’re not sure where to find it. Our days come to us as a riddle, and the answers aren’t handed out with our birth certificates. We must journey to find the life we prize. In this follow-up book to The Sacred Romance, Eldridge invites you to rediscover your God-given desire and to search again for the life you once dreamed of.
- Wild at Heart by John Eldredge
- Dare to be the man God created you to be—passionate, adventurous, and free! In this provocative look at Christian manhood, Eldredge challenges you to abandon passivity and actively pursue the dreams God has given you. Encouragement for every man who wants to walk the road least taken—and important insights for the woman who loves him!
- Inside Out by Larry Cragg
- This honorary edition of Dr. Crabb’s bestseller encourages you to take an honest look at your innermost struggles—such as loneliness or impure thoughts—and bring them before God. Only then can you be set free from them, and experience a truly fulfilling Christian life.
- Shattered Dreams by Larry Crabb
- If God loves me, why is life so painful? Exploring the biblical account of Naomi, Crabb explains how God longs to awaken his children to the dream beneath the rubble of tragedy—changing lives for good and forever. Encounter your closest Friend in the midst of difficulty and learn to live beyond life’s deepest pain.
- The Cry of the Soul by Dan Allender & Tremper Longman
- We all experience dark emotions—anger, fear, despair, shame—that are overwhelming and uncomfortable. But for believers, they’re a window into our heart that reveals our true relationship with God. Learn what Scripture says about these feelings, how they can be used righteously and constructively, and why controlling them is really a rebellion against God.
- Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson
- Discover how to release the miraculous power of God in your life! Taking you to an obscure corner of 1 Chronicles, Bruce Wilkinson introduces you to Jabez, whose audacious one-sentence prayer brought him extraordinary blessings—and has changed thousands of believers’ lives.
- I Became a Christian and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt by Vince Antonucci.
- The 4 Spiritual Laws.
- A small pamphlet that will help explain why Jesus – fully God, fully man – came to earth to save us from the consequences of our failure. These books are available from the information booth on Sunday morning, or from the church office.
- Article which answers the question “Is Jesus God?“ .
The Orchard Model of Prayer: P.R.A.Y.
P – Praise: moves us into Gods presence; praise him for for who he, and for all he has done.
R - Repent: confess sins and repent (turn away never to do it again), to receive his forgiveness.
A – Ask: petition him for help, healing, blessing for yourself, and intercede on behalf of others.
Y – Yield: rest in his peace, and submit to his will, trusting that he knows best and is in control.